Monday, August 26, 2013

Birthday Present Success

Dear Family and Friends,
 
It has been a great week. Sister Richardson decided a couple days before Sister Kilburn's birthday this past Saturday that she wanted to crochet her some hot pads so it was fun this past week to see her in every possible moment crocheting. I have learned a little myself as well. Sister Kilburn was so impressed when we gave it to her. It was a great day.
 
We were also able to contact some potential investigators and continue to work with many of the less active members in the ward to bring them back to church. It is always fun to look around the congregation on Sunday's and see some of the people we are working with sitting in the chapel.
 
Sister Richardson and I complement each other very well I think. She is very good during lessons at explaining the doctrine simply and incorporating scriptures into the lesson smoothly. And I am pretty good at knocking on doors and talking with total strangers (which is strange thinking about how much I disliked this exact thing before my mission) so together we are able to both find and teach! : D I have no doubt that we are going to have lots of success in the coming weeks. 
 
I wanted to share a little story about our lesson with Val this past Friday. When we pulled up in the church parking lot she was standing outside a little frustrated we were a couple minutes late. When we sat down in the lesson and were trying to decide who was going to pray she admitted she was not in the mood. So I told her our goal was to have her in the mood to pray by the end of the lesson. It was cool to see throughout our time with her the Spirit working on softening her heart and giving her understanding, and yes she did end up saying the closing prayer.  The Lord knows these people so much more than I ever will and I can see that we really are just instruments in His hands to bring His children closer to Him.
 
I love this Gospel and know that it is true!
 
Thanks for all your love and support.
 
Sister Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment