Thursday, August 22, 2013

Great Week

Family and Friends,
 
I hope you all had as great a week as I did, because this one was fantastic.  On Tuesday we had our transfer meeting and we were all surprised at what happened. Sister Price and I are both training - Sister Price is white washing half of the zone leaders old area, and Sister Anderson and Sister Orr and now companions! None of the sisters from our zone were transfered out of the zone, they just added two new sisters! It was pretty crazy!
 
Well my new companion is Sister Richadson. She is from South Salt Lake and 2 days older than me! Both our half birthday's are this week - it is going to be a party : D. She is wonderful and I am so excited for what we will be able to accomplish this next (at least) month and a half together! She has so much faith and a great ability to teach and talk about the Gospel.
 
We had a great week teaching as well this week. Val is progressing well- she still doesn't have plans of being baptized anytime soon, but I know that the Lord is preparing her to make covenants soon. Mike and Richelle are doing well as well. They came to church again this past week, which was wonderful because we were talking about the Temple and how to prepare. Our ward mission leader has challenged both Mike and Richelle to be ready to go on our Temple Trip to do baptisms at the end of September, so that means Mike has to be baptized before then : D. 
 
We were also able to make some good contacts with less active members of the ward that crazy enough after 3 months I hadn't met yet! I was pretty excited after knocking on their door for the 50 or so time and someone actually answered! I am sure I probably looked funny because I was so happy to find them home! The Lord has really blessed us this past week and I am excited to see what this coming week has to offer.
 
Thank you so much for all your prayers and support. I can feel your love.
 
Love,
Sister Cook
 
The picture is all the sisters in our zone this transfer:
Sister Richardson, me, Sister Edwards, Sister Price, Sister Anderson, and Sister Orr


No comments:

Post a Comment