The big news is here:
Sister Orr is being transferred and I am staying here in Diamond Bar to train again. We go to the mission office tomorrow for a transfer meeting with all the missionaries being transfered to find out where Sister Orr is being sent. I am excited to stay here in Diamond Bar. I have really grown to love the members and investigators in this area and I am excited to continue to work with them and strive to fulfill my purpose to baptize.
We have had some great experiences these last couple of weeks that I want to share. This past Monday (and tonight) we have started teaching English lessons. There are a lot of Asians here in Diamond Bar and one man was interested in having us help him learn English so every Monday night we use the lesson pamphlets to both teach him the restored Gospel while also helping him widen his vocabulary and learn english grammer. It is exciting and I hope it can become a bigger group and we can find new investigators and those interested in the gospel while doing it.
We also had a great experience this past week while reading from the Book of Mormon with one of the less actives in the ward. She has an incredible conversion story, but sadly fell away from the church when things started to get difficult. We began this past week just reading with her from the Book of Mormon and she told us it was like reading it for the first time. I am extremelly excited to keep reading with her and help her reestablish her testimony in this great book and her testimony in Joseph Smith.
We also have started a scripture study class every Thursday night. We have less active returning members, recent converts, and our investigator Mike has come these past two weeks. It is fun to have a night where we can study a general principle in the scriptures with a larger group. We are hoping to turn it into a finding tool as well where members can invite their friends or people who might not be interested in commiting to church to have something a little less intimidating to come to.
One thing Sister Haupt told me while we were on exchanges a couple weeks ago was to always be trying new things with finding so I am excited to see what my new companion will come up with and continue with these other new ideas we have had to see what we can do with the work here in Diamond Bar.
Thank you so much for all of your love and support. I can feel your prayers and greatly appreciate it.
Love,
Sister Cook
No comments:
Post a Comment