This has been a slow, but amazing, week. We started the week with a lesson with Paula. Sister Amataga and I first met with her after I was only here a couple weeks so it has been great to set up lessons with her and her family to actually teach her. It has been a long and slow process, but she has great potential so I am excited to see what will happen with her and her family. During our lesson she prayed with us and started to cry in the middle of her prayer. It is so nice to see the Gospel really affecting people's lives.
We had Zone Conference this past Friday which was incredible. It is so nice to join together with other missionaries and be able to be edified by their spirits and learn together. President and Sister Hobbs are such incredible people and are really able to bring the Spirit into any discussion. They also informed us that they want our mission song to be "If the Savior Stood Beside Me" which is one of my favorite songs, so I was really excited about that. They asked that we sing it with members, investigators, and others to help spread the message of the Gospel, so I am excited to take them up on that and use the song a lot! : D
Sunday was one of the best Sunday's I have had on my mission. We didn't have any of our investigators at church, but a Chinese lady who lives right behind the church came and we ended up being able to teach her the first lesson during the third hour. The Spirit was so strong as we testified of the message of the Restoration. Although she could barely understand us and we couldn't understand anything she was saying (she speaks Chinese, so we were teaching with the help of one of our ward missionaries, a recently returned missionary, and one of our recent converts Richie who all speak Chinese) the Spirit was able to cross those barriers and confirm the truth of our message to all in the room.We had Zone Conference this past Friday which was incredible. It is so nice to join together with other missionaries and be able to be edified by their spirits and learn together. President and Sister Hobbs are such incredible people and are really able to bring the Spirit into any discussion. They also informed us that they want our mission song to be "If the Savior Stood Beside Me" which is one of my favorite songs, so I was really excited about that. They asked that we sing it with members, investigators, and others to help spread the message of the Gospel, so I am excited to take them up on that and use the song a lot! : D
Thank you so much for all your continuous love and support. I know this Gospel is true and the most happiness and joy we will ever feel is through the Atonement of Christ. My mission has been the most spiritual experience of my life so far and it is such a blessing to have the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost. Nothing can compare to the joy of this Gospel.
No comments:
Post a Comment