Family and Friends,
Although our numbers are pretty low this week, especially for sacrament meeting attendance, this week has been one of the most spiritual for me. There were a couple days where we left the house not knowing where we were going to go and who we were going to talk to because we didn't have any set appointments. We had plans for people to see, but no set schedule. We left the house with faith we would find and the Lord really answered our prayers. On Saturday we spent a couple hours out walking and were able to find a new potential investigator and talk with a less active member at his car. On Sunday night we contacted a lady who later told us she was planning on committing suicide right before we knocked. Both these experiences for me were testaments that we are really doing the Lord's work. He is guiding us to the people He has prepared and He truly loves all His children.
The experience we had last night really taught me that it doesn't always matter what we say or what we teach as long as we are examples of Christ in all that we do and say. The people of Diamond Bar need the hope and peace the Gospel can bring and that is my responsibility to bring it to them right now.
The experience we had last night really taught me that it doesn't always matter what we say or what we teach as long as we are examples of Christ in all that we do and say. The people of Diamond Bar need the hope and peace the Gospel can bring and that is my responsibility to bring it to them right now.
I am so grateful to be a missionary for the Lord and to be dedicating my life to Him. I never realized the wonderful experiences I would be having and the difficulties that I would be facing, but I know the Lord has a plan. He will never let us fail. We learned in Relief Society yesterday that if we are following the guidance of the Spirit we cannot fail. It is so true that if you follow a prompting from the Spirit it is never the wrong thing to do. On Friday I asked Sister Amataga if we could go visit a less active member we had gone by before. When we got there she informed us that just a couple days before she had received a letter from the bishop and had returned it saying she wanted her name removed from the church records. It was an amazing experience to meet with her and help her see what she would be missing if she really did remove her name from the church.
This church is incredible, it is so nice to know that every member has a responsibility and a place where they can fit in in the Church. One of the recent converts we have been teaching the after baptism lessons was ordained a priest on Sunday and we were also able to attend a baptism for one of Sister Amataga's investigators in Glendora yesterday and it is incredible how powerful the Gospel message is. This truly is the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Lord is hastening His work. I know the Lord will guide us to people we can help bring into His fold if we ask for His help.
I would like to challenge anyone who is up for it to truly seek those who they know are prepared to receive the gospel and just invite them in some small part to take part in the work of the Church whether that be a FHE lesson, a ward activity, or even to take the missionary lessons. No one should be offended by an invitation made from love.
I love you all and am so grateful for your support and confidence.
The Church is true!
Sister Cook
I thought this was really a pretty spot so I made sister Amataga take a picture of me :D


No comments:
Post a Comment