Sunday, June 30, 2013

NEW MISSION and she will be a trainer!!!

Family and Friends,
 
Well as you can tell from my title there are some big changes this week.  I have been asked to train a new missionary.  She gets here from the MTC tomorrow night where I will go pick her up.  I am staying here in Diamond Bar so on July 1st I will officially be part of the new Rancho Cucamonga mission. I have no idea what that means for me other than I will be sending my weekly letters to a different mission president.  I haven't heard about any big meeting to meet the new mission president yet, but hopefully I will meet him soon. I don't know very much about him other than his name is President Hobbs. : D
 
The exciting news from the week - not that learning that I am training or going to a new mission isn't exciting but they don't happen until this week so they don't really count : D - is that we had one of the less actives come and hear Sister Amataga and I perform on Sunday. Like I said last week we have been inviting basically everyone we talk to to church on Sunday, so when someone who hasn't come to church in probably 20 years comes to hear us sing, we were extremely excited!  She had actually requested a couple weeks earlier to have her name removed from the records so it was great to have her come to church and make sure that doesn't happen!  
 
Mike decided that June 22 wasn't his baptism date, but he is still progressing well and learning more and more about the church. He stayed all 3 hours at church this past week and had lots of questions.  He is a great guy and I am excited to keep teaching him and helping him come closer to Christ. 
 
We also were able to teach a lesson this week to a devout Catholic.  He has a lot of questions about the Great Apostasy and why the church Christ established while he was here had to fail.  It has been interesting researching a lot of talks and scriptures to try and answer his questions, but the more I read and learn the more the Spirit testifies to me that an Apostasy really did occur and we really did need to restore Christ's true Gospel back to the Earth.  
 
It is amazing how every time someone asks a question doubting our beliefs and doctrine the Spirit again and again testifies that this is truly the Lord's restored Gospel on this Earth today.  I know this is the one and only true church on the earth today and we need to work harder and harder to bring others closer to Christ.  We were teaching a lesson on Saturday and the investigator kept asking if good Baptists and good Lutherans could be saved after they die.  We were trying to explain to him how they will have an opportunity to accept the true and full Gospel after they die in the Spirit world, and yes the Lord will judge them according to the good works they performed on this earth.  As we were talking to him and as I was thinking about the lesson later I just kept thinking how I belong to Christ's Church, not "The Mormon Church" and how after we die I will not be a 'mormon,' I will be a follower of Christ, and I know if Baptists or Lutherans truly want to follow Christ they will quickly and eagerly accept the baptism that others have done for them in the Temple.  This is Christ's work, and the work in the Spirit World is also Christ's work. It doesn't matter if it has to be done by a 'mormon' it only matters if it is done in Christ's name and under His authority.  I know that that authority has been restored and I am so grateful that I have been baptized by someone holding that correct authority. 
 
This truly is the Lord's work. I can see and feel Him guiding me every day.  
 
I love you all and am so grateful for your support and love.
 
I have no idea what the Rancho mission office address is, so hand written leters would probably not be a good idea to send for the next week.  I will let you know when I know the address.   
 
I love you,
Sister Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment