Thursday, June 6, 2013

Hi!
 
Thanks for all the letters, emails and prayers!  Arcadia is great, everyone lied when they said it was pretty and green though. California is definitely a desert, but it will grow on me, the weather is very nice and warm so I think I will like it.  My trainer is Sister Amataga.  She is from Samoa and basically amazing. No one can say her name right so she goes by Sister Beautiful! : D  We got here and President Becerra and his wife picked us up from the airport, we went straight to the mission home and had lunch then some time to write to our families and rest before we went off to our areas.  President had an interview with each of us and said the hope is to have one baptism a month, so Sister Amataga and I have been working very hard at finding, teaching, and helping less actives so that we can achieve that goal set by President Becerra.  My area is Diamond Bar South and we are living with a family, they are great! I get to drive everywhere since Sister Amataga doesn't have her license so it was fun to get here and automatically be the driver!  The ward is great and we have a good group of Ward Missionaries that have been helping us out a lot!  The first day I got here Sister Amataga had a lesson already lined up and a ward missionary ready to get to the lesson, it was great.  We even had an investigator and his less active wife show up to church this past Sunday so I think we are off to a good start! The eating situation has been great.  We have had dinner with a member family or less active every night and they take us out to eat a lot! I have been to Chili's, Chipoltle, a nice Mexican Restaurant, Pizza Hut, and we are going to In-n-Out tonight!  I am trying really hard not to gain weight, but now I see why it is so hard!  We did get to go on a big hike with all the Sister's in the Mission this morning and we exercise every morning, so I think it will be possible to not gain too much, but the family we are living with leaves us chocolates on our pillows every couple of days and it is very tempting!  haha well, life is good here in Diamond Bar.  I am so glad Mother's Day went well and you got my letters!  I will probably not have any time to write letters this afternoon because the hike took most of the day, but I will try to write people back next week. 
 
We only get mail once a week (Thursdays from the District Leaders because they pick it up from the office) and e-mail on Mondays. I am so glad the house is coming together! If you do send a package please do not send any candy!
 
Tell Ryan that I got his letter and his pictures and it was great and I hope he got to talk to his brother a lot on Mother's Day! 
 
I love you all!
Sister Cook
 
The pictures are me with all the Sisters in my MTC District (Sister Parker, Sister Denney, me, Sister Lee, and Sister Price), me and Sister Grigg, me and Sister Amataga, me and Sister Housley, and me in front of the big map! : D
 
PS It is 99% true I will be in the new Rancho mission! : D President has said 'probably' and 'most likely' but Sister Amataga still thinks she has a chance of staying in Arcadia, we will know by next transfer which begins June 23







No comments:

Post a Comment