Monday, July 1, 2013

TRAINING

Dear Family and Friends,
 
I have now officially been a missionary for two months.  The time has flown and I can't believe I have been here that long already.  As I said last week I am training a new missionary. Her name is Sister Orr and she is from Rexburg, Idaho.  She just turned 19 last month.  She was able to sing in the choir at the Broadcast last Sunday and so we have quickly taken advantage of both our singing talents - I have been playing the piano and we have both been singing in members/ investigators homes. I have learned how important it is to share our talents and take advantage of every opportunity to use music to teach. 
 
This week has been busy with meetings and orientations so I don't have much to report concerning our investigators but I do want to let you all know that Mike is progressing well. He and his wife made it to church yesterday and he promised us he would say more kneeling prayers about the Book of Mormon.  Please continue to pray for him to receive a confirmation that this is Christ's true church and the Book of Mormon is the word of God.
 
Before I forget my new address is:
 
Sister Christina Cook
6541 Woodruff Place
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91701
 
You can send letters and packages to that address for the rest of my mission.
 
Please help the missionaries in your area with the hastening of the work.  I know I have mentioned this before but missionary work is not possible without the help of the members. Our ward mission leader was in charge of the third hour meeting this past Sunday and gave four things the members can do to help in the missionary efforts: build your own testimony, open your mouth, catch the spirit of missionary work, and love your neighbor (meaning actual neighbor next door).  I loved these points he made and thought it was great advice to people everywhere.  I especially wanted to emphasize how important it is to attend the Temple regularly. Our work isn't just to get people baptized, but to help people who aren't keeping the covenants they have already made. The blessings of the temple are incredible. Be worthy of those blessings and help others become worthy as well. 
 
I love you all and am so grateful for your love and support.
 
Love,
Sister Cook
 
picture 102_7526: Sister Orr, me, Sister Price and her new companion Sister Andersen
picture 102_7520: Sister Price, Sister Brown, me and Sister Amataga on transfer day




No comments:

Post a Comment