JULY 15
Dear family and friends,
We had the best Zone Meeting this last week that really reminded me why I am here on a mission and what kind of missionary (and person) I want to be. It was all about being happy and friendly and sharing the LOVE of the Gospel. We practiced having normal conversations that could lead to sharing gospel topics and created a new key indicator of how many people we smile and wave at. It is awesome. One of the Elders asked what we should put if we smile all day and our Zone Leader said we can just write and infinity sign. I basically put that as our number every day : D. We have been working a lot on getting 'Ballard contacts' this week as well. Basically we are supposed to talk to as many people as we see and count that as a 'Ballard contact'. President Ballard has said that missionaries should be speaking to at least 10 people a day who they did not plan to meet with. It has been fun trying to get those ten a day especially here in a town where everyone works during the day or they speak a different language. Needless to say we have had some interesting contacts :D
Also Sister Orr and I had an interesting experience on Saturday being able to fast with one of our investigators. We taught him the principle of fasting and he suggested fasting on Saturday so we jumped at the chance of joining him in this opportunity to receive answers to his prayers and grow closer to Christ. I don't think I would be lying if I say it was the hardest fast of my life. But I know due to that the Lord will really answer his prayers and He has made me stronger from the experience.
I was also able to go on exchanges with our Sister Training Leader Sister Haupt this past Wednesday. We had a great day of searching for less active members (one of which slammed the door in our face - my first one; we laughed super hard afterwards), finally meeting a former investigator we had been trying to catch home since I got here!, and learning a lot about always being prepared to teach. She was a great example to me! (I am attaching a picture of the two of us).
All in all this week has been incredible. Sister Orr is becoming a lot more confident in her teaching abilities and I can see it whenever we sit down in a lesson. I have no fears about what she is going to share and I know she is in tune with the Spirit. Companions are the best : D
I love you all and I can feel your love, support and prayers daily. Thanks!
Love,
Sister Cook
Sister Cook
Alma 26:35
Sister Haupt and I after our exchange on Wednesday
The flowers outside one of the less-active members homes. They smell even better than they look!
the beautiful view of the sunset here in Diamond Bar. I took this picture from the street standing outside one of our members houses



No comments:
Post a Comment