Saturday, March 22, 2014

New Transfer, Old Companion

March 10, 2014

Family and friends,
So transfer news came and I have been moved back up to the desert, but I am companions with Sister Price!!!!!! In case you don't remember who she is, she was my MTC companion!!!! I am so excited to be back with her, but very sad to be leaving Diamond bar (Zion according to everyone living there) and back up to the desert. We are in Victorville in the Silver Lakes Ward.  We have a lot going on and a good group of sisters that we will be Sister Training Leader-ing for. I am excited for the change and for all that we have to look forward to this transfer. A mission sure teaches you how to learn to be ok with change. I kept telling the people in Diamond Bar that they will see me again though, because the third time is the charm. I still haven't learned how to master the area so they will have to send me back eventually! :D

Well, the ward started a 40 day fast for missionary work last week and Sister Ott and I saw some great miracles from it. We were able to contact one of the families who just walked into the church building on my birthday and we planned to go back tonight. We were also able to schedule really easily a lunch with one of the less actives we have been trying to schedule with forever! I am excited for the work to keep moving forward in Diamond Bar. We also found out that with this transfer the ward is getting elders so there will be 6 missionaries in the Diamond Bar Ward!!!! The Lord really is hastening His work! My testimony of that is growing each day.
We also have some exciting stuff going on this week. We found out that Elder Neil L. Andersen of the Quorum of the Twelve will come with Elder Perkins of the Seventy for our Mission Conference on Saturday! I am so excited to be at the feet of an Apostle. It is always a humbling and growing experience. I know that he really is an Apostle of God and he will speak to us what the Lord would have us know. I am so excited.
I want to close today by sharing my testimony. I know God lives. I know He is my Heavenly Father and He has a body of flesh and bone. I know He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to this earth to be my Savior and Redeemer, and I know that through Him I can be saved. I know that we have a living prophet on the earth today, Thomas S. Monson, and I know he speaks and communicates with God. I know The Book of Mormon is true and Joseph Smith was a real prophet called and chosen by God.  I know the Lord is hastening His work, and He is ready to come again, we need to prepare ourselves to meet Him and prepare our brothers and sisters to be ready for His reign. I love you all and I am so grateful for the love of our Heavenly Father that I can feel through your prayers each day.

Thank you for all your love and support.

Love,
Sister Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment