Saturday, March 22, 2014

Blessings from obedience

March 3, 2014

Dear Family and Friends,
 
I just want to start by saying thank you. Thank you so much for all of your support and the love that I can feel every day from each one of you. Thank you for being great examples of Jesus Christ every day and for living in a way that makes me not have to worry about my family back home so I can easily concentrate on those struggling here.  I know each one of you are having daily struggles, but I know you know how to handle them through the Lord.
 
We had miracle after miracle occur this week.  Our excitement from last Sunday was short lived because Allysa's mom will not allow her to meet with us and Rick has been unavailable all week, but we definitely will not give up hope with either of them. It just proves that people are prepared and we just have to be ready when they are.  We have had numerous opportunities this week to see that preparation and be a part of it. It really is just step by step that the Lord converts His children and we grow closer unto Him.  We had the opportunity to teach Seminary on Wednesday morning and those youth who wake up so early are simply being prepared one day at a time for the day when they will need that knowledge and understanding to teach their friends and those they will meet throughout their lives. At Zone Conference we learned and role-played how to just make connections with people as we strive to talk with everyone. People will remember the connection we made with them and the good feeling they had while talking with us more than they will ever remember what we say or our phone number to have them call us when they need help. It is simply about making connections and making them stick.
 
We were on an exchange this past Thursday and I was with a sister from England. This is her first transfer out and she is still new at a lot of different things, but there is so much power in the simple words in Preach My Gospel. I am reminded over and over every day in the power that comes from simplicity. It was fun as well to be with her and see people's reactions to her accent - again, just those simple things that make it easier to make connections.
 
I also wanted to mention all the wonderful blessings we have been receiving due to fasting. A couple weeks ago, the entire southern California fasted for rain, and this past weekend we had the windows of heaven open up and grant us that blessing. It has been wonderful to see that direct connection. We were having dinner with a family with a young son last night and after Sister Ott said the blessing on the food he commented that she did not remember to bless the rain. It was so sweet to see that it has been such a large part of the family's prayer that even the toddler recognized the need to pray for the rain, and thank Him for it.  We also have begun a 40 day fast with the ward for missionary work. Sister Ott has done it in every ward she has served in and it has led to great miracles. At least one family is fasting every day for 40 days specifically for missionary work. I am really excited to see what will happen!
 
Well I hope you will all have a wonderful week!  I love you all and I am so grateful again for you love and support.
 
Have a great week!
 
Love,
Sister Cook
 
PS We get transfer calls on Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment