Monday, February 10, 2014

Spanish Transfer

Family and Friends,
This week has been different. It seems like not much has happened, but I was just looking through my planner and we did a lot this week. The highlight of the week was probably my exchange on Wednesday. I was with Sister Bushman in the Spanish Branch in Rancho and I went into it pretty confident in my Spanish. It was really funny, because the Lord really humbled me in showing me how little Spanish I really know and how blessed I am to be serving in my native language. I never realized how difficult it is to be called to a foreign language within the states. These sisters have such a difficult time learning the language because they only speak Spanish with the members, and then they contact and find new investigators in exactly the same way we do, but can only teach those who are Spanish speaking. The Lord really does work miracles in our lives though, because Sister Bushman said that whenever they do find someone interested they usually do speak Spanish - those are definitely miracles that I wouldn't have even considered before this exchange. 
We also had a miracle in our area on that exchange as well. Sister Ott and Sister Baez received a text referral of a mother and son who are interested in taking the lessons. We have our return lesson scheduled with them tonight and I am really excited.

Good things are happening every day and it has been wonderful being able to count my blessings and see the miracles God is giving us each day.
I love you all and I am so grateful for all of your support. I have been so blessed throughout my life to have so many wonderful examples of Christlike service to model my own life after. Thank you for the sacrifices you each make every day for the Lord. I can testify that He is there, God love you and will help you with whatever struggles or challenges you may be going through.
As always, let me know if there is ever anything I can do for any of you!
I love you all,
Sister Cook
PS Transfer calls are this week. Sister Ott has been here for 6 months, so I will most likely have a new companion when I e-mail next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment