Monday, February 10, 2014

Falling Down, Then Getting Right Back Up

Family and Friends,
Every day seems to get better and better. I feel like I have been saying that since the beginning of my mission, but it is still true, even today. I think I have been learning the same lessons over and over again, but yet they still seem new and inspiring every time I hear them.
Sister Ott and I went on an exchange this past Saturday with two amazing sisters. I learned way more that day than I ever taught the sister I was with and I feel so lucky to have this opportunity to exchange every week and learn so much.  Sister Ott and I have been struggling finding people to teach and we had been really getting down about it. During our planning on Friday we both felt very discouraged because we did not have much to plan for. I went into the exchange that night in not one of the best moods I had ever been in. It was a miracle though to spend a day, still in the same area, but with different eyes having a different companion. Sister Pollard was able to show me that it all depends on your attitude and your willingness and capacity to love and serve. She was telling me about how she looks for opportunities every day to serve her companion as much as possible and she hasn't yet found something negative about her. I know I have learned this lesson about a million times - it is all about your attitude- but learning it one more time was definitely needed this past week.
Sister Li made it to church on Sunday and Mike taught Gospel Principles all on his own. We also had the amazing privilege of having President and Sister Hobbs at church. It was definitely a great Sunday. The funny thing is, the title of this e-mail is not just figurative. Sunday morning while going down to get breakfast I slipped and fell on the stairs pretty hard, I sat on the steps for awhile before getting up and getting my breakfast. Falling down is really just a part of life, sometimes we can't really avoid it. But getting back up and starting again is where we gain the strength we need to continue. I could have just sat on the stairs all day, but I would have missed so much! I think it is good that the Lord reminds us sometimes that we really are nothing, He is in control and we just need to be patient in waiting for the things He has in store.

Well, I love you all and I am so grateful for all your love and support!!!
Love,
Sister Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment