Monday, February 10, 2014

Quick Week

Family and Friends,

Nothing too exciting has happened since Friday, but we did have a lesson with Sebastian and Joey Friday night, which went really well. I love being able to teach people about the Gospel! We talked to Joey about Repentance and you told us that he has really felt a difference since receiving the Holy Ghost. He has had promptings and felt guilt for things he has done wrong. It was really cool to hear his experiences with the Holy Ghost and realize how much I take for granted His presence in my life. It is just amazing.
We went on exchanges on Saturday and I was able to spend the day in Upland with Sister Richardson. It was fun to reunite for the day.  She says she hasn't been tracting in awhile and wanted to do that so we went to some Less actives and potential investigators and met some of their neighbors. I think one of the funnest things about serving a mission is all the wonderful people you get to meet. For anyone without a name tag on it would just be socially unacceptable to be knocking on strangers doors just to talk to them about religion, but for us it is okay. It is cool. We also went to the park and drew in sidewalk chalk the Plan of Happiness. It was really fun. We had a great day on that exchange.
Church was good yesterday. We have church at 12:30 now so our day seems to fly by. It is always nice to attend church and have the opportunity to renew our covenants with God.
I have been studying Jacob recently and have realized what a marvelous blessing it is in our lives to have a living prophet on the Earth today. President Monson is a living miracle. I am so grateful for him!
Remember I love you!

Thanks for all your prayers and support!
Love,
Sister Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment