Wednesday, May 8, 2013

First Official Letter

* Christina sent mom a letter with things she had forgotten, so this is the "first official" letter haha


Hi family!!!!
 
The MTC is amazing, being a missionary is even more amazing, and life is great!  I have now officially been a missionary for a week and I love it! Life is so great.  I have two companions, Sister Lee and Sister Price.  They are both fantastic.  Sister Lee is from Orem, but she grew up until she was 11 in Korea and Sister Price is from Mesa!  She says she thinks she remembers Kelsey Miskin from high school... she went to Westwood. Sister Martin's description of the food is perfect... it is good, until it's not.  It is a lot like the Cannon food, but I don't think it is as good, but I definitely eat : D.  I don't really know what else to tell you about.  Life as a missionary is hard.  We have a couple investigators already (all either my teacher or a member of the church in the TRC) and it has been interesting to try and teach them.  We have been teaching Daniel everyday and it has been a great learning experience trying to figure out how to best invite him to come unto Christ and help him understand why he needs to change. I have really been trying to focus on learing to love them like Christ loves them, it is harder than I thought, but I can do it! : D
 
My district is great! They all make fun of me because I get so much mail : D. Thanks for all the letters and support.  I will try and make some time today to write you all back, but if you don't get a letter I still hope you know that I really appreciate hearing from everyone.  I have really been able to feel the love and support from everyone back home and that really makes a big difference. 
 
I have been able to see a ton of people around.  I saw Sister Grigg, Sister Martin, Sister Housley, Brother Starkie, and I believe I saw Eric Turner training to be a teacher! My district also makes fun of me that I know so many people here, but I guess it is just because I go to BYU.  Sister Housley and I were talking and it is true that it is weird to be looking out the windows and see the exact same view that we would see from campus, this world (the MTC) is so different than BYU, yet it is so close...it's strange.  Also one of the elders in my zone is an Elder Baughan!  (Tell Rebecca she has to tell Austin that I met his cousin Christian Baughan going to CA! :D)
 
It has only been like 15 minutes of writing this letter and I am running out of things to say.  Next time send me an e-mail with some questions : D.

Love you all!!!!
Sister Cook


If anyone has some questions they want to ask Christina, please comment on this blog post! Or you can write her a free letter through "Dear Elder" (click to visit the website).

No comments:

Post a Comment