Dear Family and Friends,
Sister Edwards and I got our haircut last week by one of the members in the stake. We got a little drastic and Sister Edwards got bangs, and the member straightened my hair for the first day, I have attached pictures :D, it was fun.
We have had a couple miracles this week with our investigators. We had a great lesson with Sandra and Dominique on Monday and were able to go back and help Sandra on Wednesday. Silvina is doing great and she came to an activity we had on Friday night and was able to meet some members of the ward and talk to them in Spanish! We also had a cool experience on Wednesday where we went with Sister Price and Redd to dinner at the house of a couple we met at Yogurtland and they were super sweet and open to hearing our message. It was fun. I love when people are open and willing to learn and are receptive to the Spirit we carry.
Like I have said before Sister Edwards and I are focusing a lot on working with the members. We spent a lot of time this week just in members homes trying to strengthen their faith and testimony in God. I was studying this morning and it really stood out to me that if the members and the missionaries are both focused on becoming better disciples of Jesus Christ we will be able to work together in unity. The missionary purpose of 'inviting others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel' should not end once a missionary is released and should not begin when a missionary gets a call. We are all united in this same purpose and when a missionaries main goal in visiting members is to help them become better disciples of Christ then the members will be able to grow and the missionary will be able to grow as well. We have a common vision of inviting and helping.
We were able to attend the Women's Broadcast on Saturday with our stake here in Rancho Cucamonga. It is always so powerful when we have the opportunity to join together as women of God's Church and learn together. I thought it was so powerful what President Uchtdorf taught. We need to know that God loves us. If we understand Him and His love we will have more of a desire to follow Him. My mission has been a time for me to really connect with my Heavenly Father and learn on a totally different level His love for me. I know God lives and I know He love me. I hope you know that as well.
I love you all and I hope you are preparing your minds and hearts to be taught by our prophet and apostles this weekend. I am looking forward to hearing their counsel and knowing what more I can do to become a better disciple of Him.
President Packer in his most recent talk "The Witness" states that in times of uncertainty we are more able to focus on the things that matter most. For me this is a time of uncertainty (transfer calls are this week), but for each of us we are living in a constant life of uncertainty. I know that as I have focused more on my need to develop my relationship with God and become a better disciple of Jesus Christ I will not have to fear being transferred with regrets of not doing my best. I pray that each of you spend each day striving to be a better disciple of Jesus Christ so you can also live your life with no regrets.
I love you and am always praying for you!
I love you and am always praying for you!
Love,
Sister Cook
Sister Cook
No comments:
Post a Comment