Monday, October 20, 2014

Hastening the Work

Dear Family and Friends,
It has been a great week. Sister Packer and I have been busier than ever! I love every second of it. We are truly 'hastening the work' here before I go home. We had a huge long meeting on Tuesday then Sister Packer and I were in charge of the Relief Society activity on Tuesday night. We themed it around "Come Unto Christ" and so we performed the song that is the Youth Theme this year. I love it! Then we have been staying really busy with Kevin and Amanda. We went over on Wednesday and made a Save the Date poster for their baptism and while we were making it she asked if there was any way they could get baptized before November 22. We said it depends on how many times they have been to church and if they could come to church this week (meaning yesterday) and the next week they could get baptized before the end of the month. Her and Kevin were really excited about that, so we are planning their baptism for October 30th! They are so excited. We mapped out teaching all the lessons and that was the soonest we would be able to fit in teaching them all the lessons. We are so excited.

We have started doing an activity every Friday night - I am pretty sure I have mentioned this before- and Kevin and Amanda are always there. Then this past Friday Silvina and a potential investigator Tony (the one we met at Yogurtland a couple weeks ago) both came too! It was so amazing! We had so much fun! The power of an invitation is incredible!
We have been so blessed this past week! I can't even tell you all the miracles we saw because there have been so many. Sister Packer and I had the privilege of singing in church yesterday and teaching the Relief Society lesson. We sang "The Olive Tree" and taught about "Proclaiming the Gospel to all the World" from the Joseph Fielding Smith manual. It was so spiritual and so amazing. Silvina came to church and brought her baby Isaiah, Kevin and Amanda were both there as well and it was such a wonderful day at church!
I have been studying and realizing how true the statement "Hastening the Work" truly is. God is hastening. He is doing more and more each day to prepare people to receive His Gospel, so we need to hasten our own work. I have seen over the course of my mission the Lord's hastening and I am so glad that I have been able to be a part of it. This is such an exciting time to be part of the Gospel. 

I know this church is true. I know God lives and I know He loves each and every one of us so personally. 

I love you all and I am so grateful for all your love and support!

Love,
Sister Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment