Tuesday, July 1, 2014

All Good Things Come Through Prayer

Dear Family and Friends,
Another week has come and gone for me here in Victorville. We had a busy week and we had a lot of fun. We had a district activity last Monday - this is probably only the second one we have had since I have moved up here in March - so Sister Price and I had fun with the Elders in our district running around the gym playing volleyball and basketball. It was nice to just get some energy out.
We had some good lessons this past week; Sister Price and I are becoming really good at teaching in unity and knowing what our investigators and those we are working with need to hear through the Spirit. I love being able to leave a lesson having learned something myself from either what Sister Price or myself taught. That is truly a successful lesson led by the Spirit.

We had two exchanges this past week. On Wednesday I spent the day with Sister Toolan here in Victorville and we had a great day full of lessons. She is a wonderful missionary and it was fun to laugh and teach with her. We also had an exchange with two Sisters in Hesperia. I spent the day there and it was ironic because a lot of the people we planned to see I had either met or tried to visit when I went to that area two transfers ago. It was really funny.
On Thursday our Zone Leaders planned to have our whole zone go to the Family History Center and learn a little more about family history from the consultants there. It was really fun! They showed us a couple different websites we can use and some of the tools on Family Search. The coolest, in my opinion, is a website called rootsmapper.com. You sign in with your LDS Account and it shows up with a map of where all your ancestors are from. I discovered that one of my ancestors was born in South Africa! It was really cool! They also showed us a website called puzzilla.org. There is so much cool stuff that you can do for family history right now! It is so much fun!
The title of my e-mail today is inspired by my studies this morning. I have been reading the New Testament recently because our mission this month is focusing on Chapter 6 of Preach My Gospel - Christlike Attributes, and I figured a good way to learn about Christ is to study His life. As I was reading in Luke this morning I noticed how often Christ prays. He prays before every major decision and usually He finds a solitary place to pray. I have been evaluating my own personal prayers recently and I have learned from the example of Christ and my own experiences that all good things come through prayer. When we pray to God about ALL things, He will direct us towards good. God will never deceive us and He will always help us when we ask. My testimony of prayer has increased do much over the past couple days. It is incredible what God will tell us when we ask.
I love you all and I hope you have a good week! Check out the family history stuff!!

Love,
Sister Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment