Tuesday, May 27, 2014

A week of hope!

Dear Family and Friends,

This week has been amazing! Sister Price and I have been having a lot of fun and we even saw some miracles, actually, we saw a lot of miracles.  We were able to achieve almost all our goals for the week and we ended it with a fantasticSunday.
We have been working with a part member family a lot recently and this past week we have seen a lot of progress with one of the daughters. She is 13 and has been coming to church the past couple weeks when we have been able to find a ride for her and just last night we invited her to be baptized on June 14th and she said YES! We are so excited, so keep Angela in your prayers!
We have also been working closely with a lot of our recent converts. There is one, her name is Vanessa, who we have been going over and reading the Book of Mormon with. Right now we are in 2 Nephi 17ish and it has been such a miracle to pray at the beginning of personal study to understand what Isaiah is saying and by the end be able to explain to Sister Price and then Vanessa what Isaiah is telling us and how to apply it in our lives.

We also had Zone Conference this week. We were able to learn from President and Sister Hobbs, his assistants and 1st counselor about how to be better missionaries. It is always great to be able to hear from our leaders how we can become better and then set goals to improve. It is all about becoming more like Christ and by following and being obedient to our leaders we can learn what we need to do to become more like Him.
We were asked to read Elder Bednar's talk Converted Unto the Lord to prepare for Zone Conference and as I have studied that talk and thought about what it means and have taught some of our members about it, it is incredible to see that we are here on this earth to really be converted unto Him. Every day we have choices we can make to choose whether to grow closer unto Him or further away. By consistently choosing to come closer to Him, we are converted day by day. The Lord has perfect timing, and conversion takes a long time. I know I have been discouraged sometimes when I haven't changed as much as I want over a specific time period; but, the Lord knows how much we can change and all that we can do and He will give us enough time to do everything we need to do.
We talked at church on Sunday about hope. The high council speaker focused his talk on the subject and then in Gospel Principles we tied the subject of repentance to hope as well. When we have that hope in a brighter future, and when we understand that our faith in Jesus Christ can give us hope it makes following Him so much easier. 

I have hope that someday I will live with God again. I hope that at that day I will have done my best so He will tell me "Well done."  I hope that I can share the light and joy of the Gospel with as many people as possible. And, I hope you will do the same.

I love you all, and I am so grateful for your love and support!

Love,
Sister Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment